Windows booting very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
My windows xp pro loads very slow in fact when it gets to welcome screen it takes about 30-45 seconds to get to desktop screen and during that time there is no hard disk access and also tried defragging my computer and registry cure antivirus anti spyware and many more. also after that the explorer will get screwed and when i try to end explorer and open explorer by task manager, my task manager get screwed and this is really annoying :( and after like 5 mins it loads up and i really hate this **** :( so if u can help me plz help me my comp is already screwed and i dont want it to be like this way forever and i have 1gb ram and all my pc specs are good and no **** :(

well...

Ok well first thing I can tell you, is that if you have a GIG of ram amd a decent processor (which I'm assuming) this is not normal.

Seems like there are programs starting at startup which are eating your resources alive.

This is what I would do.

Try booting in safe mode, see if its still slow... If its not, then you have a software issue, if it is slow... then windows may be screwed all together or a hardware issue (i doubt it)..

then boot normally...

Click start.... Then run... then type "msconfig"... hit enter..

Click on the startup tab...

Now in that list, it shows all the programs that startup when windows starts up...

SO...

Uncheck all programs u dont need to startup automatically when windows starts... and uninstall any apps you arent using...

if that doesnt work..

sorry my friend... wipe the drive and reinstall windows...

Well what I said is that would be the case IF it took that long to boot into windows in safe mode....

Have you tried this yet?

If it doesn't... try the msconfig steps I wrote.. then uninstall programs you are not using anymore...

well safe mode seems pretty ok and i tried disabling stuff i don't need and others i need because i web host on this server but not 24/7 but if i want i might can disable mysql, abyss web server, mail server, ftp server etc but i dont think that is causing the problem and i uninstalled all the apps i dont need. also please tell me because i am stuck on the welcome screen for like a min then my blue background (wallpaper) loads and not the explorer shell. then after like 2-3 mins it loads partially with yahoo messenger and some other stuff then after a few min later again windows live messenger and other stuff loads and if i end explorer by task manger and run explorer by the task manger, the task manger freezes and i dont like this at all. also if i move around the task manger window to the bottom it leaves a trail of it like if the program is not responding. please help me its the only computer thats happening and even the crappy computer in my school is better :( hope u can help me candaiankelvin and also i dont want to reinstall my windows.

ok go to start, run, msconfig and go to the very last tab, and tell us what u got in there

i have this on my msconfig
msconfig.bmp

msconfig2.bmp

That is why it is so freaking slow. Mine as well isn't that fast it takes like 3 min from start to end and I have uninstalled unused programs and disabled programs that I dont need to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom