Ok so I posted this in the job forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poon

In Runtime
But it looks like hardly anyone ever looks there so I decided I would try this one cause it relates too.

Here goes...

Ok so I really like Adobe Photoshop. I bought this photoshop book the other day, 'Classroom In A Book' and it mentioned something about getting certified with photoshop.

My question to you is, has anyone ever done this and also is it a good idea or is it worth the time and effort?

Are there good jobs for people who are good at photoshop? What kind of jobs are there?

Because I really like photoshop and I think it would be a cool job to have.

Thanks.

Somebody has to have photoshop experience around here. I'm very curious on this idea.

Please if you have any information please respond accordingly.

you could do a few jobs with photoshop-

graphic designer
web designer
advertisement maker

there are many more - those are just off the top of my head real quick.

Thanks motoxer4533! I really appreciate the reply. You are just cool.

I will look into those jobs. And I will keep working on my photoshopping skills.

motoxer4533 said:

graphic designer
web designer
advertisement maker

Although these jobs do require a certain level of skill in Photoshop, none of them can get you one of these jobs alone.
All these jobs require the person is an advanced user in several applications, not just Photoshop.
For example, a Graphic Designer and Advertiser must be highly skilled in InDesign. A webdesigner in HTML/PhP code or Dreamweaver.

PS is a great computer skill to have if you have a creative bent or a desire to work in this field, but Photoshop alone is just one piece of the pie.

I have done alot of graphic design work over the last 20 years (8 using Photoshop) and no one has ever asked me for a certificate. :confused:

Z3N, I thank you so much for sharing your experience. You are wonderful.

So I should invest in this "InDesign" software then? And I should also learn HTML?

What is Dreamweaver? And are these other sofwares you mention hard to learn?

Thank you so much for your information!

Depends what it is you want to do Poon.

If you want to be a graphic designer I strongly suggest either doing some study in that field or alternatively, draw, draw, draw.
It takes alot of training to become a decent Graphic artisit - not just software. ;)

As for becoming a web designer, learning some html, css and PhP source code, is a must if you wish to do it professionally.

Dreamweaver is WYSIWYG web-site creation software, and works well as a starting point for web-site creation.

As for a career Poon, I would suggest you think about what it is you want to do for a living, then learn the trade/software.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

;)

Go for CS2 (Creative Suite 2), that will include Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and some other nifty programs. It is a bit pricey, unless you are a student. Student software is very decently priced, but you cannot use it for real world situations, meaning you cannot make money with student software.

What has been mentioned before is absolutely correct. Noone will think twice about you if you have only Photoshop experience. I've been hired to do the works for a company, which included Logo design (Adobe Illustrator), brochures (InDesign), Web site (Photoshop, CSS, HTML, PHP & MySQL) It's taken me years to get where I am, and I still feel like an amature sometimes. It is a lot of hard work, but IMO, well worth it! It can be fun! but it is demanding...very demanding. it is not an easy route to 6 figures...chances are you may not even see 6 figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom