Building a Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PnkFloyd27

In Runtime
I am about to start building a computer but I would like to make sure that all of the parts that I want to order fit together perfectly. I am pretty sure that they are all compatible with each other but to make sure I would deeply appreciate somebody looking at the parts I am currently looking to buy.
CPU
Mother Board
PSU
Video Card
Hard Drive Case

I would also like to know:
1.) Where would I be able to put the sound analog card included with the mother board in my case?
2.) Where would I be able to put the extra USB and FireWire ports included with my motherboard in my case?
3.) The USB ports and FireWire and mic/headphone jacks on the top of my case need PCI cards to connect them to our what needs to be done to make them work?

Note* I will be getting regular DDR2 800 memory in a store and also the CD/Floppy drives.

If I have any other questions I will post them. Thank you very much in advance for helping me. I would like to make sure that they will all be able to go together no problem.

Everything is good, but the PSU is crap. Get either a HIPER 480W, Antec 550W, or FSP Group 450W.

Okay, how many watts is a good amount. I don't play many games, I do play Counter Strike: Source when I am bored but other than that nothing, so I wont need a ton of power to run a ton of gaming rig stuff. Is somewhere between 600-700 good?

Okay, thank you. Just to be clear, the more wattage being put into your system the faster it will heat up and the hotter it will be correct? (unless of course you have good ventilation)

Wattage doesn't really matter. What matters now, is the amps on the +12v rails.

Yes, I was looking at that for a long time and decided against it because one of the reviews said that the BIOS for the core 2 duo was not good and they had to get a new one so I didn't want to take the chance.

DOUBLE POST!

I would rather not get a cheap PSU like that one ^. I would rather get one that is $70+ but less than $100. I will keep looking myself also. Thank you for the help and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom