The ultimate question

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, It isn't that hard at all. All you need to do is look around a research. I had no idea what to do 8-Months ago and now I am fixing my friends PC all the time. You just need to be pacent.

fade2black2004 said:
once you get everything put together, we can help you with any problem that may occur so dont sweat it

Aye caramba.

I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster here.

First somebody will tell me it's easy as pie, so I get psyched thinking about it and then someone comes along and stomps my sand castle.

Sheesh, my blood pressure cannot look good right now.

its easy to do it really is, and setting up the bios is really easy too

any problem you could think of someone here will be bale to help you fix

Yeah, Don't sweat it. Building a PC is like riding a Bicycle, once you know how to do it you don't forget. And that person that is holding on to the seat are these forums. Building a computer may seem complicated but actually it isn't at all. All we need is your aproamate budget and everything you want other than the tower (high performance mouse+ Keyboard, monitor, ect...)

Building a pc is by no means easy and it is wrong to encourage people with very little computer knowledge to build their own pc's. I believe that a person who doesn't know what a BIOS is can't tell the difference between a harddisk and a memory module. It's not rocket science, but you have to know what you're doing, and how you can do it right, and also how you can do it wrong.

I built my pc for the first time about a month ago and I only knew what the parts looked like, but not much more. I did a lot of research on how you need to connect everything but it's still not as easy as it seems. Some parts take more pressure than you will dare if you're not good with computers, some parts require less. Once you know how to do it (having done it instead of having read it) it will be a breeze. But the first build is always a bit tricky.

If you do want to build yourself, do thorough research on each component; what types are there, how do I connect them, what are the sensitive spots, how much pressure can it take, etc. There's not much that can go wrong but you do need to take a number of precautions before you build.

You could always let your retailer build your system. That is, if you order your complete system off one. I don't know if newegg provides this service, but I'm definite that most pc retailers do. While they're at it they'll see if the components are working and compatible, and they'll install everything for you. This should only set you back about $50 at most. I can get it done for $30 around here.

You should check the stickies at the top of the threads, they are informative.

Sticky on what to look for in parts

Guide with pictures on how to build a computer

Building a computer is pretty easy. For your first build just go slow, if you get stuck come on here and ask a question. Prior to building my first computer I had only installed a graphics card and a hard drive. But I read a guide and took it slow and built two computers at the same time. And my friend built his first computer with no experience what so ever, without any problems.

As far as the bios goes your motherboard manual will tell you the basics which is all you need, unless you want to overclock. (Overclocking is when you make the computer run faster than it is rated to.)

If your still worried you should either

1. stop, because you can do it. I think you would be surprised at how many people on here built their computers with almost no prior experience.

2. find a local place or have a site make you a computer but I don't recommend Best Buy.

it actually is REALLY easy, my sister took hers apart and put it back together by just looking at some inside pics of peoples rigs

your motherboard comes with a manual that tells you anything that you need, for the most part, and so you shouldnt have trouble

just look at some of the stickied topics at the top and look at some pictures it really is easy as ****

I will meditate very hard on this tonight and hopefully a conclusion can be reached by morning.

Part of me is scared to try this. But another part of me wants to do it so that I can feel like a pro and so that I can go to the office and brag to my coworkers.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the information.

You are all supreme sultans!

yeah, it's easy. I did for my first time, and I'm only 13 so you know that you can do it if i can :p

scariest part that i think you might mess up on (1% chance..) is putting in the cpu, and not damading any pins. I did a million times, just place it in carefully. IF you read a million tuts how to do this then you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom