Quad (Multi) GPU really worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
psp_crazy1 said:
haha r700. ok man sorry but serioulsy slow down. go freeze your self for 2 years then r700 and quad amd will be out... patience my friend.

lol AMD's first quad-core comes out Q2 2007, second quad-core......not sure, n hopefully at least R680 or R700 should come out at the end of this year or Q1 2008. Planning on getting me n SED TV while im at it (j/k lol would be nice to have one).

im making myself a plan here psp_crazy.

psp_crazy1 said:
whats better about pci-e 2.0? o.o.

lol glad u asked, here is a link from my favorite tech blog, they get the latest news in technology, so i know when most things r scheduled to come out thx to this site, like PCI-E 2.0:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/17/pci-express-goes-2-0-transfer-rate-doubles/

OFF TOPIC: i also know from CES 2007 that the iPhone comes out June 2007 for $499 (4GB flash memory) n $599 (8GB flash memory), n the hybrid format player from LG called 'BH100 Super Multi Blue Player' will play HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, n upconversion DVDs comes out Feburary 4th for $1,199.99.

right now, it lacks HDi for most movies i believe, but a firewire update should handle this.

EDIT:
u know i could be kind a wrong about PCI-E 2.0, here is a quote from someone in the comments who understands this better then i do:

"You can expect PCI Express 2.0 peripherals to still work in PCIe 1.0 slots; they will just downclock to 1.0 speeds......"

i thought that there will be PCI-E 2.0 mobos, not GPUs that support 2.0, or whatever the article means.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
In all honesty, I recommend that the FIRST thing you do is get some means of income to start saving up for the PC.

Secondly, don't worry about what you are going to get NOW, do RESEARCH NOW, and when you starting getting some money stashed away, THEN think about specifically what hardware you are going to look into...

2b. Do research at places OTHER than Wikipedia. I love Wiki's, but they aren't written in stone. Any bone head can sign up and alter a page.

u know, im kind a ahead of u in research, because ive been researching on what 'products' to get since November, that is why ive now decided to plan on getting an AM3 mobo with 2 PCI-E 2.0 (i think, or it's 2.0 for GPUs), 2 x 2GB DDR2 (or DDR3) SDRAM, n hopefully AMD's second quad-core (if it doesnt come out before the end of January 2008, ill get the first quad-core that comes out).

PCI-E 2.0 takes n 8 pin connector, not 6 pin, so i need to buy a really good power supply with 2 x 8 pin connectors simultanously with my 'future' parts i want, which i will hopefully get next January.

Lol, AM3. To put things in perspective, AM2+ is going to be what K8L is based on, and K8L doesn't come until after July. AM3? You're looking at near the end of 2008.

Why don't you first get the money, and THEN come ask us what to build.

And for gods sake, use the edit button!

No need for 4 consecutive posts telling us about how amazing engadget is...

we all go there... along with gizmodo, digg, slashdot, anantech, and toms hardware.

They arent secret or anything

Finally, dont even think about new hardware until you get solid facts and not sceculation on its performance and price point. And finally dont expect to make 3k just like that... it will take you a while...

working 2 jobs over the summer i racked something like 2k. This was lifeguardign mind you, which pays a fair amount more than minimum wage.

aspire.comptech said:

we all go there... along with gizmodo, digg, slashdot, anantech, and toms hardware.

Rofl, I was thinking the same thing when reading that. :p

Ethereal_Dragon said:
In all honesty, I recommend that the FIRST thing you do is get some means of income to start saving up for the PC.

Secondly, don't worry about what you are going to get NOW, do RESEARCH NOW, and when you starting getting some money stashed away, THEN think about specifically what hardware you are going to look into...

2b. Do research at places OTHER than Wikipedia. I love Wiki's, but they aren't written in stone. Any bone head can sign up and alter a page.

Agreed, get yourself a job, then come back and ask for some input, and if you want all the parts your talking about, no sense in coming back for another year or so. Then maybe we can help you out. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I think you just need to slow down a bit.

TriEclipse said:
Lol, AM3. To put things in perspective, AM2+ is going to be what K8L is based on, and K8L doesn't come until after July. AM3? You're looking at near the end of 2008.

Why don't you first get the money, and THEN come ask us what to build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM3

comes out late 2007, early 2008 dipstick, i just said i want to purchase parts for my computer at around THAT TIME.

aspire.comptech said:
And for gods sake, use the edit button!

Finally, dont even think about new hardware until you get solid facts and not sceculation on its performance and price point. And finally dont expect to make 3k just like that... it will take you a while...

working 2 jobs over the summer i racked something like 2k. This was lifeguardign mind you, which pays a fair amount more than minimum wage.

ill take my chances then, i just need to work at least 25 hours a week to get good money, n sry if i sound like a low-tech noob but i know what im doing.

n sry for the 4 posts, i just got carried away.

Anyways you said you were looking for a good case and I just wanted to suggest my case: Thermaltake Armor w/ 25cm fan. I just put my rig together about a week ago and this case is great. Plenty of room for your big gpus, I have an 8800gtx and it fits with plenty of room to spare.

Just to let you know from experience, continue your research up until the day you purchase your parts. I researched computer parts for a year and a half before I got to buy mine and I must have changed my build about 20 times or more. When I started researching I thought I was gonna build something with an AMD X2 4400+ and have it be top of the line. So it just goes to show that what you might think is great now, could be the average when you intend on buying it. Not everybody announces all of the products they are building a year in advance.

Just keep that in mind and good luck.

Wildside said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM3

comes out late 2007, early 2008 dipstick, i just said i want to purchase parts for my computer at around THAT TIME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM2+

Dipstick yourself. Going solely off Wikipedia articles makes you look like an idiot, frankly. You call this research? Try doing some real research by reading actual articles out in the field, not reading some fanboy's crumbs on Wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom