Video on Digital Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello All,

I want to upgrade my old 2.1mp digital camera but have also been considering a camcorder.

If I do video, it will always be small clips, nothing over a couple of minutes. Can anyone tell me if there are any nice digital camera that have decent video quality? Or do I need to just have one for each?

Videos taken by digital photo cameras are always poor quality, and I doubt you would be able to find one that records sound along with the video. I would recommend getting both a digital camera and a digital camcorder.

Actually, my digital camera was pretty cheap ($150 USD). It records audio and video in AVI format. Most digital cameras will record videos in 640*480 resolution, and depending on the memory, it can record up to one hour of good quality video.

Eg. I have a 1GB memory card, it stores 30 mins of good quality video.

If you want to take a video of your kids soccer game, and you want to send it to friends, you're gonna be spending alot of time compressing something made by a camcorder. That's why a camera comes in handy.

I use a Sony DSC-N1 and, it takes high quality video at 640x480 resolution. It's way better quality than my analog camcorder lol.

b1gapl said:
I use a Sony DSC-N1 and, it takes high quality video at 640x480 resolution. It's way better quality than my analog camcorder lol.

My last camcorder was a Sony from 1985. It actually sat on your shoulder like a parrot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom