---help Me Please!!!---

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickstepz

Solid State Member
what does it mean when it says SUPPORTED MAXIMUM MEMORY SIZE? and i only have 2 MEMORY SLOTS and when i read the manual it said Up to 2GB of DDR2 533/667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4GB using two soDIMM modules (dual channel support) i am so confuse please help me...
if this help i am using an ACER 5050-5951 laptop i just got it 1 week ago...

please i would appreciate your help thank you

picture if it helpss
hardware.png

You have 512mb of memory, but you can upgrade to 4gb of memory. The maximum amount of memory that you can put into that computer is 4gb.

Does that help?

Even though it says that I don't think XP will recognize all that memory.

Bruce said:
Even though it says that I don't think XP will recognize all that memory.

It won't. 32-bit XP only supports 3GB, 64-bit supports 8GB.

But, his motherboard will still support 4GB either way.

but is there a 2GB DDR2 RAM? what do you mean 32bit wont read that much memory? and i have a 64bit turionx2

he means the operating system, windows XP , cant read any higher then 3 gb of ram. it is a limitation of the coding.

CrazeD said:
You have 512mb of memory, but you can upgrade to 4gb of memory. The maximum amount of memory that you can put into that computer is 4gb.

Does that help?

but how could i put 4GB of memory if it only has 2 slots anyways... :S

thank you!

its not really gayness as most programs barely even use 2 gig most of the time,, even gamers dont need 4 gigs

If you can afford it you can get up to 16GB!!!!!! of ram, 8 in each, i couldent believe it i though 4 was max, but i got prooven wrong.

Soon i will upgrade from 1gb ram to at least 2gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom