raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillan

Beta member
I am building a gaming rig using the Asus p5n32 sli premium MB. What I need to know is can i put 2 sata drives in raid 0, but keep my OS out of the raid group by having the OS on a separate HDD. I am a NOob at building a PC froms scratch, but have upgraded PC's several times. I have read a couple blurbs on this issue , but have not had this question resolved. Any help on my dilema would be appreciated, ty

Why would you want to have a RAID 0 group with the OS outside of the RAID group?

Yes, it can be done, but what results are you seeking?

yea like dragon said it can be done but...what are you going to put on the raided drives then? if your wondering about the os crashing and not recovering i have 2 drives in raid 0 with the OS on them and its worked flawlessly, its great i love it, im not sure why you wouldnt want the os on a raided drive...normally you have the os and the most used apps on the raided drives and just basic info and files and back ups on the non raided drive

I appreciate your input , and have reconsidered this config. My concern was basically the grief of having to reload windows after a *sic8 crash of a HDD . I have as yet to have a HDD failure anytime, so I will install all software in the RAID format. Again, ty for your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom