New motherboard issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stt1894

Beta member
Hey,
I am having a serious issue with a new motherboard(MB) and Power Supply Unit(PSU). My brothers pc had a power surge so he replaced the PSU but it still didnt work, i told him while he was away i'd get a new motherboard n try n fix it. i got a new MB n connected everything correctly but it wouldt turn on!!! but the PSU makes a very very high pitch noise? also i experimented with it and if i unscrew the MB and lift it it turns on :eek: ??? Please help im completely stumped.
Thank you in advance

:D

I believe that the high pitched noise is the PSU not working. According to some newegg reviews I've read, some PSU's that were DOA made a high pitched noise but I'm not positive, you should get a second opinion.

Well, I would have to guess that you haven't properly mounted the Motherboard in the case if it DOESN'T work when mounted, but it is OK when you lift it... sounds like it is grounding itself out through the mobo tray on the chassis. Did you properly use the brass Mobo standoffs that (should have been) included with the Mobo, or did you just literally set it in there?

no i didnt. Didnt think about it because they werent on the old motherboard. That makes sense actually duh! thanks i'll try it n let u know. Though if i dont have any rubber washers can i use anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom