Best Music player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
For music: Winamp. WMP is slow and lacks features.

LOL WMP is slow !!!!!!!!

Winamp takes for me about 6 sec to start when I double click on winamp icon, whereas it takes about 2-3 sec for WMP11 to start up.

And WMP lacks feature in what ??

I would agree that windows media player 11 is one of the best music players out there. especially compared to the rest of microsoft's software. I came across a cool tiny little player when I was trying to play an OGG file. it is called quintessential player http://www.quinnware.com/
it takes up hardly any ram. It can play OGG (along with many other music formats, such as ogg that wmp can't play) and it is small. small window, small file, small everything.

and nice shiney glass look to it.
plugins and skins can also be installed to it.

DO NOT USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.

Its a system hog, So you cant really multi-task that well with it.

Just use WinAmp, its 1000X Better.

Tel said:
DO NOT USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.

Its a system hog, So you cant really multi-task that well with it.

Just use WinAmp, its 1000X Better.
That is so far from the truth. WMP uses less resources than iTunes. It barley uses more than WinAmp. I run WMP with over 11,000 songs on my playlist and it uses less resources than my Internet Browser.

Winamp is decent but sorry it isnt now where near 1000x better than WMP.

WINAMP

For audio files, use winamp, don't listen to any of these WMP lovers. I never use WMP because it is a memory hog.

For video files, use VLC media player. When you download this free program, it comes with ever codec known to man, and will play any video, hassle free. it is not a visually pleasing program but that means it starts and runs faster.

not as fast as mplayer. no GUI or GUI if you dont wanna remember all of the shortcuts. no gui ftw.

musikcube is nice and light for organizing media. Realplayer IMO has the best organizing functions. Foobar or winamp for music. or just use commandline mplayer if you have ZERO resources to spare.

The K-Multimedia player is VERY nice, with built in codes and tons of features, but it takes a little more resouces than one would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom