Outlook 2007 search

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbduballstrs

Baseband Member
How do you get the search function in Outlook 2007 to work with XP? When I was testing it with Vista it worked great but on XP it doesn't work at all. I already have Windows Desktop Search installed. I've re-indexed my mailbox a thousand times and still nothing. I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

I have no issues with this. have you restarted your machine and made sure the earch indexer is working?

are you still using Office 2007 Beta?

This is a common problem

I removed WDS 3.0 and installed 2.6. Everything worked as expected: all searches worked without any problems.

I ran Outlook 2007 and, again, it asked me to install WDS 3.0.

Installed WDS 3.0 and the same problem happened: it works inside Outlook 2007, but not outside. It seems I have to choose:

- if I want to search inside Outlook, I need WDS 3.0, but I can't search outside it;

- if I want to search outside Outlook, I need WDS 2.6, but I can't search inside it.

I'm not using BETA, I have the full version installed. I just ended up turning off the indexing feature on my mailbox and use the old fashion search.

Well there is part of the problem. Office 2007 isnt released yet and therefor DS doesnt work with it yet. Wait till after M$ releases it and a new WDS will be released.

I am not saying you dont. I have the Full Version as well. It is just that the Desktop Search isnt optomixed for the final product yet. M$ wont release it till it hits the streets for the public.

But i do find it odd that i am able to use it and not you. I have zipped mine up and uploaded it for you to try. See if maybe my version works for some reason.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12412388/WindowsDesktopSearch-KB917013-XP-x86-enu.rar

Didn't work. I'm doing a reinstall of office now because for some reason, only the subjects of my emails are showing up. The message itself is blank. Weird.

It seems that the install went corrupt. Not the first i have heard this. Someone else i know also had a issue with Office just this week and had to do the same measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom