18395 in 3dmark06 + pics of my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats one real nice system man! But i love your little moneymaker, is it one of your own or did someone let you in on it? Well played with it though, i do a similar sort of thing myself :) The guy who thinks for himself and finds gaps and loopholes will always do better than the guy with a dead end 9/5 job. Keep it up matey!

I have a very similar system, and I got no where near as many "wow, awesome system" comments as you... Is it the phase change cooler??? :) My monitor is bigger, and my cards are watercooled... lol

I have a quad core lol. Even thought it dont do squat for gaming. Before this, i had a x6800 @4.27ghz

it is phase cooled.. might be water cooled soon lol. i got most of the parts, just havnt decided if i want the hassel or not. I upgrade so often that having plumbing makes it a pain.

I might take my physics card out and put me xfi back in. We do have similar systems,. If i get a single slot waterblock for the gfx cards, i will free up a pci slot for my x-fi

That is anice monitor, didnt realize how high the res was on it., I just googled it.. ehh no thanks.

400:1 contrast and 16ms response time

Mine is 1000:1, 6ms response time

But hmm, fully lowered it is under 18 inches high, it could fit my desk

Actually, the newer 30" Dells, like what I have are 700:1 with 11ms response time. I have absouletly no ghosting, and the resolution is amazing. Put the Xfi back in because the physics card is close to useless. I bow down to your phase change cooling but it doesn't seem like you are getting a ridiculous overclock with it. Could you go farther and just are not because your worried? I'm really interested in getting into phase change. I see you bought your pre-built. Would you suggest that or building one yourself? Or should I try and get someone to build it for me? Anyway, your system does absolutely rock. I was just complaining that I didn't get nearly as much love as you and our specs are fairly similar. Before watercooling my vid cards I got 15300 in 3dmark06. I have not run it since. I will as soon as I can and see how it compares.

single stage phase doesnt do super great with quad cores because there is twice as much heat as a dual core. Granted it is still cool, but to get the rediculous overclocks, you need to be way way cool. If up was to upgrade to a cascade phase and get it down to like -75C or so, i would probably hit 4.5. The phase is also super quiet. For a noob i would recommend buying a kit to learn about how it works. Then once you get to know it, have somebody build one out to your specs on extreme overclocking or somewhere like that.

With the dual core x6800 i stayed around -50*C and ran it at 4.27.. i could post at 4.5 but couldnt bench.

I am debating the monitor, it would fit my desk.

I am waiting to hear some prices from chilly1 and drewmeister at extreme. I heard that they can make single stages that hit -75C and even lower on cascade

I am sure you could have benchmarked at 4.5. You said yourself that you never messed with anything other thatn the multiplier on that x6800. lol.

jseber1982 said:
naw im not volt modding anything, i volt modded something about 4 years ago and smoked it plus my power supply.
****, that sucks. I volt modded my 7900gt to 1.55v about a year ago, and it's still going strong at 725/1650. But then again, I did retrofit a cpu waterblock to it, so the temps don't even go above one notch on the temp graph under full load. I plan on adding heatsinks to the capacitors and ic's so I can take the voltage up to 1.85v. But not until I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom