n00b is back!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
9600xt is $200 ($140 online) and 9800xt is $500 ($380 online). The X800 pro is a better deal for price/performance because it's $400 ($360 cheapest online) and it equals nearly 4 times of the 9600xt. It also made the 9800xt an obsolete card (seriously, would you buy a 9800xt for $500 when there is a card twice as good and only $400?).

jaknlisa619 said:
hey paradoz, what ya mean by that? I have a Celeron 2.0g, 478 socket and it has worked great for me.
I suppose it all depends on what you spend most of your time doing. Personally I do a lot of multitasking, so HyperThreading, the extra cache, and the increased memory bandwidth on the P4 are pretty much essential for me. Celerons aren't all bad though... I Have a Celeron 2.4GHz in my laptop and it does OK, but I certainly wouldn't use one in my main desktop machine.

hey guys....im really burning here...
i bought the creative 5.1 5200
and when i set my sound card to 5.1, the sub just distorts....like it just rumbles instead of the normal sound...can anyone help plz?

it may be the speakers themselves don't support 5.1; what speakers have you got?

- Aussie PC shops I like:
www.msy.com.au - cheaper in just about all aspects, especially on the big brands, what they lack is service (because they are so busy with lots of people there all the time looking for good deals)

www.cpl.net.au - more parts available but a bit more expensive

www.scorptec.com.au - stock just about every part you can get, but only for parts you can't get at msy or cpl because they are more expensive

www.topbit.com.au - good if you're looking for a laptop, and has some desktop PC parts too

lol i got everytin from msy :p wot a coincidence
look at the link in my system specs for the speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom