My C2D system is built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh also, are these normal? I got the 6400 on stock speeds and stock fans but these temps seem high to me.. Is it normal for only 50% load during prime95 stress test?

http://home.comcast.net/~jdowns2700/StressTest.JPG

Edit: I am wondering if the processor fan isnt spinning fast enough making the cpu heat up more than it should be for not being overclocked at all... or is it just stock fans suck and the zalman would make a huge difference?

stress test guide

explains it in detail....should help you out.

Those temps don't seem bad for stock. I think it could be lower but if you used the thermal pad then your pretty much stuck. You can get some as5 to re do it but that thermal pad is already burnt into the cpu cervices so you won't get as good of temps with as5 unless someone knows how to completely clean off a thermal pad?

are the core temps the right to look at or should i be looking at the "Processor temp" cuz when i minimize it it just says CPU Temp: 24 C but the 2 cores are at like 54-56

hmmm...try using easytune 5 that came with the ds3, and see what temps it gives you. Or speedfan is a good temp reader.

edit: sry i was thinking about spartan1121, im helping him out on overclocking too and he's got a ds3. Try speed fan and see what temps it gives you.

Higach, to monitor temps of your Conrie download Core Temp. It's a very small app you can set to load on startup. Accurate, too.

Edit: Also, I'd suggest downloading SpeedFan. The temperature readings are similar to those of Core Temp (usually a 1 or 2°C difference). What's good about SpeedFan is that you can graph the temperature reading. It's useful to watch the trends as they develop during a test.

For reference, my E6300 idles at around 39°C, has normal operating temperatures around 46°C (games and such) and caps with Prime95 at full load at 60°C. I'm using the stock cooler. Here's a pic:

stresstestfk0.jpg

As an interesting comment, notice how normal operation doesn't really stress the CPU in my case. It must be because I'm video-card limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom