Automatic Shutdown: CPU Very Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesotereh

In Runtime
well, i took alot of different forums advice on building a comp..and..well, i did it okay it seems except for one thing. the **** thing shuts off automatically. i checked cpu temp and it said 100 degrees C. lol this cant be right! the cpu heat sink/fan i believe is on right. its an intel fan/heat sink that came with the e6400 core two duo. its weird actually cause its like the fan doesnt really click in right. or each one clicks ok and then another will come out a little. i dont like it thus far. anyway, before i finally turned it on for the first time tonite, i made sure the fan/heat sink was in securely and it was. it didnt rock or move or anything.

please help! i dont know what else it could be

mobo: d946GZis

ram: corsair 1gb ddr2 533mghz value ram x 2

power: 430 watts.

no PCI devices installed yet.

one IDE ATA drive, one SATA drive.

no O/S yet.

i was hanging out in the bios when suddenly it shut off. it seems to stay on for about 10 minutes and then, poof.

No, my mobo manual, cpu manual nor intel indicate to use any type of thermal paste. Is that a standard thing when installing any and all processors with any system??

woah!!!! DO NOT turn on your computer without thermal paste OR a thermal pad between the CPU and heatsink!!!!! if you are running it bare, it can seriously harm your CPU. thermal compound is used to move heat directly from teh CPU to the heatsink, without it most of the heat is still accumilating in the CPU!

yes its standard for ALL computers

But your CPU is still getting really hot? Thats very strange. I wouldnt know what to say to that other than make sure the heatsink is secure...let someone with more experience post down below vv

im so ****ed and discouraged right now. any money i had i put into buying these parts after careful research and studying every step. and now this bs

sorry to hear that, i think your CPU is still ok if your computer turns on, but if it gets that hot i would be careful. Sorry if my post sounded like i freaked out.

its no problem. ur just tryin to help.

i cant think of anything here. is there a burn in i should be doing? maybe? i duno. should the bios jumper be on "configuration" pins at first??? ahhhh

your mobo should be just as it was default, its just the temperature thats the problem, not any of the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom