SATA Burner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

exo316

Beta member
Recently I bought a new computer. Built it myself. It works 100% fine except for one thing. For some reason when I plub my SATA DVD burner intp the second SATA slot (first for hard drive and tried it in all the other slots) It refuses to boot up. Normally you hear a beep as the computer boots up but it starts, the screen never turns on and theres nothing from the computer to show its doing anything. Any ideas what I can do to get it to work?

I didnt know there was such as a SATA Burner. I better brush up on the new tech. Is it enabled in your BIOS?

some new mobo's manufacturers are coming out with an external SATA connector to connect a SATA drive or burner to the back of a computer. I'm not sure of the details, but i recommend looking at the manual of the burner if you already have not done so.

As far as i can tell theres just the 4 sata connectors on the mainboard with the hard drive ones.

I just built a computer with the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe That has an external SATA plug I just didn't think anything was made for it yet. Even tho he's talking about internal. I know on my board i have to enable the Sata slots individually.

Make sure the drive is recognized by the BIOS. If it isn't, use the system's setup program to run the auto detect option. If the system still can't find the drive, make sure you have the latest version of the controller firmware and computer BIOS. If the system still can't find the drive, there's an excellent chance the drive is defective. Try installing it in a different computer, using a different controller (if not on the motherboard) to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom