cannot get ethernet controller to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZ-Disciple

Baseband Member
Hello yet again. My new system I bought is the worst system I have ever dealt with. Don't know why so many problems.. but here is anorther one I could use some help with.

Short version:

I had a virus fixed it with a windows repair.
After windows repair, I lost my dll cache on a lot of items, internet, ms office, etc. no connectivity.
Installed windows again over the last one and all was well, except I couldn't load ythe driver from the motherboard disc I had for the ethernet controller. Its a gigabyte DS3P Marvell Lan driver. When I tried to install it it said (with wrong spelling mind you) that it didn't support that ID? So no driver, no connectivity.

I don't know what the **** to do, I have loaded windows about 6 times over, been through 3 motherboards. I am thinking possibly since I updated to a new BIOS that maybe for some reason the driver doesn't recognize the ethernet controller. I am at work now getting the latest BIOS and marvell driver on disc so I can load them at home. Could this all be because of that or maybe that my copy of win XP Pro could be corrupt? I have never had these issues before and my XP disc is from the states and I am no longer there adn the disc is 6 years old?... any help would be great.

Cheers,

You have install an update on the disc before you can install the drivers.

It should be under INF Update Utility.

This is the first time for this problem so I doubt RAM issues. Was working fine before I got rid of the virus. And it would be a bit difficult to get that program if I can't get online yet. But afterward will give it a go. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom