Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett892

Beta member
How can I figure out what type of motherboards will run on my computer? I mean I have a crappy Dimesion E310 with only 3 PCI slots and no PCI-E slots or AGP slots. This sucks because I've been wanting to get a good graphics card but can't.

One more thing: When I upgrade my motherboard can I get one with a higher proccesor.(I have a Pentium 4 and REALLY want a Core 2 Duo.)

If you want a C2D processor, then you need a socket 775 motherboard that supports C2D. Most of them are in the standard ATX form. I'm just not sure, that form will be compatible with a dell case, because all their stuff is their own form.

so does that mean that any motherboard in ATX form will connect with my CPU?

-Core 2 Duo is not my main focus, it's the PCI-E slot

since you have a Dell you're better off building a new rig, but if you insist on upgrading you want to make sure of what type of socket you have (preferably 775 LGA) and you'll most definetly have to replace the POS dell PSU, as well as make sure your RAM is compatible with the new MoBo

and ATX is MoBo size (the biggest of standard computers, then you go Mico ATX and so on (gets smaller)

use CPU-z

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download425.html

unzip and run the EXE and look for this (note yous will probably be different from what mine says), then post back with what it says
untitled-1.jpg

AND HERE A FREE PIC OF MY KITTY, lol
DVC00340.jpg

You probably do have a socket 775, but I doubt it supports C2D. I looked up the specs on your dimension, and it uses DDR2 ram, which the 775 uses.

lol....COD....your cat's eyes are very big. It looks like it's zeroing in on something, or about to go chase it.

lol, no i had been messing with her (making her mad) and she was trying to away, plus my room was a bit dim (which makes your pupils bigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom