First build, updated Specs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
Hello, again... I hope this is one of the last times I post this because I have done it multiple of times, changing things each time. Thanks for all your help before and now I am just making sure I haven't made a freak mistake. I just have a few questions though:
1. Where can I find a component (HDTV, Green, Blue, and Red Cables) Tv Tuner or other capture Device.
2. Is the gtx worth it over th gts.
3. Is their a better PSU that has more wattage, for the same price and modular.
4. Also where can I find a good gaming keyboard for about the same price, just incase this is out of stock when I buy.

*Note* Prices include Shipping, and MIR means Mail in Rebate *Note*

PSU HIPER HPU-4B580-MS ATX12V 580W - $95.83
Motherborad EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA 680i - $249.99
Cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe - $317.00
Gpu eVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB -$406.12 -$30 MIR
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2-800 - $254.00 -$40 MIR
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB - $74.99
DVD-Rom LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - $36.99
Mouse Razer Diamondback Acid Green 1600 dpi - $44.98
Keyboard Saitek PZ30AU Black - $51.12
TV Tuner ATI 100-714127 PCI Interface HDTV - $95.63

Sub-Total$1592.92
Shipping $33.73
Rebates $70.00
-------------------------
Total $1626.65
-$70 MIR
-------------------------
Total $1556.65

Thanks for all your help, will have this computer in just about 6 weeks so I needed to do this once again to reassure myself it will work properly.

I suggest you save yourself some money on the CPU and get a Conroe E6300 or E6400. You can overclock it to the E6600 speed easily and save yourself $100.

Then get a cheaper board than the EVGA. Use your saved money to upgrade the 8800GTS to the GTX!!! Way faster and a little cheaper than what you have now =)

Get this PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817190007

Everything looks good, I'll let someone else answer the HDTV questions. =)

I don't know, I don't plan on extream intensive gaming. More video editing and more of a media machine. The e6400 only has 2M shared L2 Cache and the e6600 expands even more than that. The one thing is for sure I am keeping my Cpu I have picked. I really want to overclock the thing greatly for better perforamce when running editing apps. And this is the only mother board that has 3 pc X16 express slots . that is in my price range, I may not use them but it is a plus. I do plan to over clock and I heard this board does the job.

go with a cheaper motherboard like a
asus p5b
msi 975x
abit aw9d

also keep the psu you have that one that boma suggested is crap dont get ti, keep the one you have listed

why do you want a 680i motherboard?
unless your going sli you wont need it because thats really the only feature it has above the 975x boards (which with hacked drivers you can do sli with)
and if your thinking of doing sli, dont because for the price it is not worth it

I plan to go sli and for me the price is worth it. Sorry but i love my spec for my pc. Sli is where I am going and when vista comes out I will have that too. I know will wait for 6 months but i love tecnology and the bets is whats for me. GTX is the only thing stoping me.

Sorry for double post... Where can I find a Component TV tuner or other Capture Device. I have looked everywhere and I still havn't found what I need.

That is an awesome build, much like mine (building it tuesday next week). except I'm using a E6300 and overclocking it to E6600 speeds. The extra 2MB cache the E6600 offers doesn't make that much of a difference. (at least I don't think, if you want the E6600 thats great, more power to ya). I'm using the same motherboard mainly for it being easy to overclock, SLI, and it can be used with future Quad core processors (1333MB FSB).

Unless you have a 25"+ monitor the GTS is great in my book. You should be able to run everything very well for a while.

If you plan on going SLI then you should check the mobo manufacturer's website. They list some memory modules that will offer increased performance with SLI.

I'd also like to suggest getting 2 HDD's and doing RAID-0. Not that much extra (relative to other components)

Great Build, let us know how it runs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom