Securing a lose I/O Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
I'm building a pc for my father and the motherboard's I/O shield that came with the motherboard is very lose when fit on the computer case. I got the computer to boot up, the keyboard comes on but then turns off. And I'm having problems with the mouse too.

I believe it may be the I/O shield, maybe not, but I need to secure it on better.

My keyboard and mouse work perfectly, as I'm using them now.

The motherboard is a MSI K8MM3-V.

you note that the keyboard and mouse do not work right, you did use the motherboard standoffs (if the case requires them) didnt you? I mad ethe mistake on my first custom build of not doing that and fried the board and those were the symtoms that i got

Standoffs? Do you mean spacers? yes I did use them, unless you are referring to something else.

The keyboard works when I first bootup, I can use it in the BIOS. But when booting into XP, the keyboard shuts off.

Also, the mouse doesn't work very good either. The right side of the I/O shield is very lose and moves when I plug/unplug the keyboard or mouse.

yes i was referring the spacers...

Well, try and completely removing the I/O shield (it wont hurt), about the keyboard not working?..... have you tried another keyboard and what type is the current one? (USB, PS/2?)

The keyboard is the same keyboard I'm using now, and mouse. So I know it works. It's a ps2. I could try to see if the keyboard/mouse works without the I/O shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom