My C2D system is built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higach

In Runtime
I got my parts today and its built (my sig) I will get pictures eventually and gonna overclock eventually when i get the zalman 9500...

So yeah im pretty stoked :)

I ran a few tests, do these sound about right?

3DMark03 - 20,500 ish
3DMark06 - 5310

Does that sound about right for the build in my sig without any overclocking?

Yeah that's about right.

I'm going to be buying the same video card you have. How is it?

Nice rig, well done.

CrazeD the vid card is great, i can run all my games at max settings, im currantly well into Battlefield 2142 which i have totally maxed out and i still get good FPS, plus the card is really quiet, i cant hear it over my case fans, top card i love it

Nice one, mines been delayed, was due yesterday, probably won't expect it for a few days or possibly even monday :'(.

Nice build Higach. If you decide to oc later, id love to see the results. Im trying to figure out what the best board i could get for a lan build.

yeah certainly will do.. I am going to save a little bit more money and get a zalman9500 and eventually try for 400x8 3.2ghz as my goal and see if it comes out stable, if I got that I dont really wanna push it farther

3.2ghz is plenty fast. I had 3.6ghz which was insane. I don't see what those guys with x6800 at 4.2ghz do with that kinda power. I can't even get 60% load on my cpu @3.4ghz with all the multi-tasking i do and thats with one instance of F@H running in the background already taking up one of my cores (50% of the cpu).

Well i did get it to 100% load on supreme commander, but that was because i forgot to turn F@H off. I could have left it on though, because both programs were using separate cores. As soon as i turned off F@H, my other core went down to 0-5% (i also had azureus running too).

How exactly do I run prime95? I assume just use a torture test but which one do I use to test overclocks? And do i just use that and pcwizard to test temperatures to see if its stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom