18395 in 3dmark06 + pics of my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sick.

GJ man.

And yeah Ebay can be a goldmine if you take the opportunities.

I'm only 17 and one thing i've been considering is buying Concert/gig tickets from the officials, IE @ £15 each, buy say 10.

Then sell them on ebay for £30 each.

It works, cos i'm one of the losers thats too slow to buy them from the ticket line and end up buying em on ebay.

another good thing to do.. if you live near a craigslist city.... use it.

People sell stuff on craigs list dirt cheap just to get rid of it,, people even give stuff away. Granted the stuff they give away can only be sold for 30 bucks, but still... it all adds up.

**** if you are a systems admin or tech like me,, you can sorta dumpster dive, not literally though. If you work is throwing out old IT equipment, that is the perfect opportunity. LoL at my work, one of my duties is to decide what is old and should be excessed and what isnt. lol whatever goes out, goes to ebay. Even if it is an old piece of crap geforce 2 or something. Somebody will still need it for there old @ss pc that is not used for gaming.

We threw away a box of dvi cables that come with the new monitors... 400 cables lol. I didnt sell them all, but i sold about 150 of them over the coarse of a few months@ $10 a piece+$3 shipping

Sheet lmao i have the #7 top score in the world right now for 3dmark06. I know i can squeeze another 1000 points out of this for the #5 position

LMAO i just realized that a box of colonix is up on my shelf in the pic hahaha. lol... used to purify the colon.... and it works too lol

Good luck to you jseber1982. I hope you make it. That job must be fun. Now I wanna be a system admin...

Is that Prometeia noisy? And what temps do you get?

thanks man. It is soooo much fun being a sysadmin, so much fun stuff to do..

You are god of the users. You can make the users or break them lol.Especially if they **** you off,, so many things you can do to get even.

This prometeia is very quiet. It sounds exactly like a small bar fridge. It can make a little noise when it turns up full speed if you are maxing it out, but that usually doesnt happen. My power supply fan is louder than this thing,,, but seeing how i have a 1kw psu, that doesnt say much lol. the graphics cards are louder than it too when they spin up, they have stock fans.

with the x6800 oced to 4.2, this thing stayed at least negative 40*C. With the quad core,, twice as much heat and if i am running a cpu bench it dips down into the negative 20 and 15s, and when it does that, i can hear the pipes in it whistling at me lol. I updated the firmware on it last night, and realized that the fans have only been runing at 60%, so i shouldnt have a problem anymore.

This thing is 300mhz slower stock, so that also makes sense why i cant oc it as high. I posted at 4ghz at 1.7 volts, but it dies in the middle of test 1. I raised it to 1.75 volts, same thing lol. So i will adjust the fsb tonight to get some more performance out of it and try to get it around 3.9 and see how it does. .

I was going to wait for the r600 to come out, but i am tired of waiting and tired of it getting pushed back. I am sure once they come out, they will slightly beat the 8800gtx's...

I hate the new nvidia control panel so much... HATE HATE HATE

lol yea I don't like the new control panel either. I just use the classic style.

you have a kick @$$ system....ive been thinking about selling some stuff on ebay, but the whole process seems complicated to me. I read the sellers faq and know how that works but the shipping confuses me as they don't really explain it.

How do you figure out how much shipping is without going to the ups place and asking them??? I would really like to start selling as ive licked up some of the stuff i want to get rid of in my room and i could probably make close to $2000 which would be more then enough to build a lan rig without waiting till after working all summer and instead use that work money to upgrade to better parts for my main rig.

after you take your pics of the items for sale.. wrap them up in there boxes you intend to sell them in, weigh them... then go to ups or fedex.com to get a shipping rate... lol as a base price.. i am in VA, and i put 90210 as a shipping zip.. lol gives me abase price of what it would cost to ship cross country.. add a few bucks to that,, and that is your shipping price.

You can also ship stuff through usps.. go to there website and they will ship you as many free boxes as you want. And you can ship whatever you want in them, and the price for weight is always the same... flat rate boxes.

Or you can set ebay up so that when a person wins, they get charged according to there zip code.... Only reason people set a permanent shipping price is to make a buck or 2 off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom