Noise Dampening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl\l0m!$h

In Runtime
Sup all, I don't really overclock a lot but enough so that I need some x-tra cooling. But da problem is that all these fans make a lot of noise and I was wondering if sum1 knows wut kinda foam is good at silencing cuz I don't want to have to buy some.Thnx.

Gl\l0m!$h said:
Sup all, I don't really overclock a lot but enough so that I need some x-tra cooling. But da problem is that all these fans make a lot of noise and I was wondering if sum1 knows wut kinda foam is good at silencing cuz I don't want to have to buy some.Thnx.

Your going to worsen the problem by putting foam in your computer! Your doing nothing more than insulating the system.... If you really must have better cooling, use a water cooling system or get better thermal paste.

If you were going for fans, and noise is a problem make sure they have on/off switches or variable speed controls so that you can change the speed(noise) for when you are workin it hard or it is just sitting there

Insulation

There are kinds of insulation "foam" which does not conduct much heat. I believe some can be found at your local hardware store, people sell similar things in packages, but they're much more expensive. I'm not exactly sure what its called, just look around, you should find it.

As for cooling, fans should still be optimal, especially if your not good with the inside of your computer. Be warned, watercooling is a great way to keep your components cool, but the risks are equally high.

If you do not have pets or small people that may put there fingers etc into the fans you can remove the grills or vents over the fans and that will reduce the noise quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom