Firefox...Grr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
Every once in awhile my Firefox will reset the homepage, I dont know why. This never bothered me, I always figured I had it set up somewhere in the preferences, but I was always to lazy to go check it out.

Last night after disconnecting and reconnecting my Network Connections, a process I do several times a night, Firefox was set completely to default. All my bookmarks are gone and my quick links are nonexistant. What the heck happened? Is it possible to recover them?

Thanks!

This is very strange. I've never heard on anyone having any problems with Firefox to this extent. Which version of Firefox are you using. Check under Help->About. Do you have any Anti-virus software? spyware software? If you're using the old version of Firefox, they may have fixed a vulnerability that was effecting your computer. v1.5 is the latest version. Good luck, I'm sure it is very frustrating.

Boohoo! I just searched my computer for "Bookmarks.html" (the bookmark firefox file) and only 1 showed up. I guess its gone. Oh boy... I had so many important book marks... Back to square one.

Occassionally this happens to me after i mess around with my overclocking, dont know why it happens. I just make sure to back up my bookmarks ever few days and i just import them when it happens.

Vybuni said:
Occassionally this happens to me after i mess around with my overclocking, dont know why it happens. I just make sure to back up my bookmarks ever few days and i just import them when it happens.

Can you pls explain how you go about backing up bookmarks and how to import them back, specifically, can you provide me with the filepaths. Thank you in advance.

it happens to me when a glitchy app crashes firefox resets but i have a backup of all my important bookmarks.

DigitalBoy said:
Can you pls explain how you go about backing up bookmarks and how to import them back, specifically, can you provide me with the filepaths. Thank you in advance.

Hello, can someone, anyone, pls help me with my query above.
TQ!

The file path is easy.

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

That is where you will find all the info you are looking for.

I think that happens to me when firefox updates. it takes to me to "firefox has been updated" page and then in a new tab is firefox's default home page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom