High performance motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Hey all, I don't know too much about mother boards and was wondering what you guys thought of these-

-Asus P5NSLI nForce 570-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E MB

-Asus P5N32-SLI Premium and WiFi-AP nForce 590 SLI x16 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB

I'm looking for a high performance motherboard that offers minor overclocking options and such. I really don't know whats supposed to make a good mother board. Does onboard sound even matter if I plan to get a creative soundblaster Xi-fi card? Also none of these boards have quad core support, but I plan to get a core 2 duo e6600 processor, so does that even matter?

Im the same, if i ever wanted a good motherboard i would have to ask on here but i can tell you if you have a soundcard then the onboard sound doesnt matter.

>>eVGA nForce 680i Great mobo with quad core support, but the e6600 is dual core so it won't matter until upgrade time comes around. It is rather expensive however...

How does that compare to the mother boards I listed? If I get a e6600 dual core, then should I even care about getting a quad core support motherboard? Is there someway to upgrade the number of cores?

I would recommend you go with the p5b deluxe wifi edition, it got the same score as the evga 680sli in features and perfomance and plus it is cheaper.

Actually, eVGA's 680i isn't a particularly hot overclocker. Most people struggle to get it to 400-460FSB. Just, no one seems to notice because they usually get high-multiplier processors with them.

ASUS P5B Deluxe vote here. ASUS P5B-E, Gigabyte DS3, and DQ6 are also strong favorites. P5NSLI and P5N32-SLI are great motherboards, but offer nothing more than the ones I mentioned above. All the ones I mentioned will provide better performance than the eVGA 680i, with the P5B Deluxe, and Gigabyte DQ6 sporting SLI.

P.S. - No need to go with the WiFi/AP version of the P5B Deluxe, it offers nothing worthwhile over the non-WiFi/AP P5B Deluxe for the price.

Hmm thanks for your recommendations, I actually don't plan to overclock or do much overclocking ( the very nervous and unlucky type ). So a motherboard that doesn't do too well in overclocking is alright with me. However although the P5NSLI and P5N32-SLI although cheaper then the 680i have been criticized a lot for not being stable with core 2 duo and such ( especially the P5NSli ) on newegg customer reviews. What should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom