qx6700 up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehe... i got plenty of money to spend still. I could build a whole other system with the same specs lol.

I am thinking that this phase unit is not gunna get me much more of an overclock that this. These 4 cores put out a lot of heat. My x6800 idled around neg 49, full load at about neg 40 overclocked.

This thing idles at neg 20 and around neg 10 under full load, overclocked. To really get much more, i will need to get a 2 phase unit.. I could afford it, but i dont want it. I want to at least be able to pick this thing up lol. I dont want something sitting under my desk that looks like a car motor lol

Negative 10C under load??? And you are worried about overclocking more? Am I missing something? You can safely get into the positive 60'sC with these chips. What am I missing?

WOW! don't think it is possible to build a nicer system these days, grats!

I'd probably just stick the 8800s on water and leave the QX as it is with the single stage phase. (unless you really feel the need for an auto-casc, which would be nice... but that QX is probably powerful enough already :p )

yea, but for some reason they only want to clock really high if they are super cold.. or maybe i just reached the limit of the cpu..

updated,, booted into windows at 4ghz, but 3dmark crashed no matter how much voltage i put up

You are probably best off asking somewhere like XS as there are a fair few people with QXs there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom