Gpu At 120c!! Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
The title says it all.

My graphics card is reaching 120c when playing any game and it is causing artifacts and scaring the **** out of me.

Ive increased the fan speed on the GPU and also Down-Clocked my graphics card.

(Ive never Over-Clocked it)

Im constantly getting 120c to 110c in all of my games.
And getting 80c while idle

What should i do?

I have a 6800gs (agp)

try looking at the fan on the card and make sure there is no dust clogging the fan. also try moving wires around so that you have better airflow in your computer.

well see if the fan is even turning. lol with it being that hot it might have died.

And I thought you won like 10k and had built a new rig????

Isn't the 6800gs rated for 130*c....i remember they ran pretty hot. You can try cleaning any dust off of it and putting some as5 on it, but i remember reading a while back that it was rated for 130*c.

darkop16 said:
Isn't the 6800gs rated for 130*c....i remember they ran pretty hot. You can try cleaning any dust off of it and putting some as5 on it, but i remember reading a while back that it was rated for 130*c.
My 7600GT is rated at that and it idles at 43 c so i think there is something wrong.

yeah sounds like something's unplugged or has stopped working. Plug the fan into a different slot on the mobo, that should work. You dont live in a desert do you?

my 7800GT idles at 42, with a small 80mm feeding cold air directly into it, which makes about a 8 degree difference. Also, recently i blew out all the dust in my computer with a gas duster, and had to do extra cleaning for my GPU, which gave it another -8 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom