Norton Ghost won't image to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleula

Beta member
I have a new PC & have fitted LG CD-ROM, CD-RW & DVD-RW.

When I try to create a Ghost Image, it fails with -

"Finding a drive letter for your Iomega drive ..."

"Invalid device request reading drive K" (the DVD-RW)

"Abort, Retry, Fail?"

If I select Abort, it finds drives I, J & K, even though it hasn't loaded the drivers. Naturally, I can't image to a non-existent drive.

Does anybody have any solution please? I am a "newbie" to optical drives & Win XP Pro. I used to write images to the CD-RW on Win 98 SE okay.

I didn't quite understand your problem. if you are using ghost in native DOS than it does not have the driver required to communicate with your dvd burner. i don't think there is anything you can do but try a different brand burner. LG is a very generic (cheap, low quality) brand

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Firstly, the error should read as follows:

"Invalid device request reading drive D". I assume D refers to any drive(s) found by Ghost - in this case drive K.

The fact that it recognises their existence after aborting is odd.

Secondly, the version of Ghost is 2003. It used to start from Win98SE & then boot to DOS, load the drivers & find my (then only) CD-RW drive.

I agree with your comments re. LG products, although I have found them quiet & reliable. When they were originally GoldStar, I wouldn't have touched them. Then again, I wouldn't touch DELL, IBM, COMPAQ, etc.

The question remains, why doesn't Ghost 2003 recognise my DVD-RW under Win XP Pro, when it used to under Win98SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom