question about the ATI R600.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a standard PCI-E x16 card so I don't see why not...

not the greatest mobo choice imo, though

hmmm...if i were you, id prob save the money that your spending on the r600 and get a new mobo (a gigabyte ds3 or something like that), a e6320 (the new e6300 with 4mb cache enabled) when they come out, and some ddr2 800 ram (g.skill have some good value ddr2 800 but ddr2 is still kinda expensive :() for the same price as a r600 (its supposed be about the same price as teh 8800gtx i think).

Cause your current system will probably bottle neck the r600 (even more so if it turns out to be what its hyped up to be).

Or you could get a 939 dual core and you may still be able to get a r600 but the conroe route is probably a better upgrade decision.

Graham said:
It will be a standard PCI-E x16 card so I don't see why not...

not the greatest mobo choice imo, though

u sure? i mean my mobo is like all Nvidia n **** lol, wouldnt it not accept ATI graphics cards?

darkop16 said:
hmmm...if i were you, id prob save the money that your spending on the r600 and get a new mobo (a gigabyte ds3 or something like that), a e6320 (the new e6300 with 4mb cache enabled) when they come out, and some ddr2 800 ram (g.skill have some good value ddr2 800 but ddr2 is still kinda expensive :() for the same price as a r600 (its supposed be about the same price as teh 8800gtx i think).

Cause your current system will probably bottle neck the r600 (even more so if it turns out to be what its hyped up to be).

Or you could get a 939 dual core and you may still be able to get a r600 but the conroe route is probably a better upgrade decision.

ya ya, im on the urge to fully upgrading my computer, im just starting with the ATI R600 first.

second, my mid-tower case to a full-tower (one with 1-2 120mm fans, especially one on the side), which i am searching for.

third, ill upgrade my mobo to AM2 (or AM3) with 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, n the AMD quad-core. As of right now, i cant find a good decent AM2 mobo that has at least 3 PCI n Crossfire: 2 PCI-E v2.0. I'll buy a new mobo, 4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM, n AMD's quad-core simultaneously.

how much will this cost me? Over $3000-$4000.

Wildside said:
u sure? i mean my mobo is like all Nvidia n **** lol, wouldnt it not accept ATI graphics cards?

That's just the chipset. The R600 will work in any board that has PCI-e x16.

Lord AnthraX said:
When is the ATI R600 expected any way?

Ive HEARD the end of this month but i think its based on the "leaks" that came out a little while ago, so im not quite sure. Could be the end of this month or it could be the end of march.....but it should be sometime soon if ati wants to stay in the high end market when vista comes out cause nvidia are the only ones with dx10 cards out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom