problems with new C2D build....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im amazed how noone suggested this.
On another computer download and burn memtest to a disc. Boot off the disc on your rig and run memtest for 4-6 hours. With both sticks in of course. Record the amount of errors and report back.

That error can also be caused by bad RAM. And it possibly that both sticks are bad. So that might by why trying it with one stick did not help.

Get all your boxs, reciepts and packaging ready you may have to RMA your RAM. If the RAM isn't it I would RMA your motherboard.

OK, I ran the memtest. Around the 10 min mark, and 40% passed.....it went crazy, showing a bunch of errors. It shot from 0 errors to 1447. So, no doubt....the memory is faulty, right? And also....theres nothing wrong with my hard drives right?

Whoa. :O

EDIT: Nah, probably nothing wrong with the HDD's.

Sucks about the RAM though. It sucks having to sit there looking at new parts waiting for something to come. :(

Yea, thatll do it. I had a pair of sticks once that only had 4 errors over 4 hours, but it was enough to cause BSOD's.

I still can't believe noone suggested memtest sooner. That BSOD is screaming Memory... :(

Edit: I just want to say that:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL<< That Error as BSOD Almost always indicates bad memory. Especially if its recuring. Its a red flag to download and run memtest86 ASAP.!

heh....thanks for clearing that up Ste. Well now that, my C2D parts are sitting there all alone. I'm back with the old P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom