GFX weird artifacts when high load on GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

B34ST1Y

In Runtime
Uhh.....ok so I have a bit of a problem here.

The laptop that I have (IBM r51 thinkpad) is a bit under the weather.

Whenever I go to...let's say, do something such as playing a game, or something involving graphical stress....I get these really weird lines across the entire screen, and everything gets fuzzy because of it. I can't explain it....but perhaps someone else can? :-\

those lines are really annoying artifacts....my laptop is not overclocked one bit....everything is stock. it's a radeon 9000 mobile gfx card, if that helps.

check if its overheating when its running on full load (touch it), if not i'd recommend updating ur Catayst Control Centre

can I replace it, without having to trash the entire laptop?

and....are you *sure* that's what it is????? ldsakfjdslkfjf

If its not overheating, and its not overclocked, then it does sound like the graphics card is dying. Sorry man....

I don't know about replacing it, these lappys can be ba$tards! I'll try to look it up....

well, you cant tell whether it is overheating or not just by touching it.

i would open it up, and blow all the dust out of the heatsinks/vents etc, to endure optimal airflow.

any GPU tempreature sensors you have access to (everst home should tell you). if so, could you let us know what the max temp they hit is, when you are having the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom