firefox frequent hang-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Ok this has got to be the most annoying little problem I have ever had. About every 5 minutes maybe less firefox just freezes up for like 15 seconds and gives a not responding message in the upper bar where it tells you the sight your on.

I can't figure out why it is doing this, all I did was run a registry cleaner. But now I cant find out how to reset it back to when it did a backup.

Try disabling the Add-ons the see if that helps. Because you have a good computer so that's not the problem. Won't hurt to do an online antispyware and virus scan just to be sure.

lancec2c30 said:
ya, I ran; spybot search and destroy, and all of the norton system works virus and error checks. all came out okay

Wait...wait...hold on a second.

You've got 2200 on-topic posts helping people, and you are using Norton Systemworks??? C'mon, you should know better. Use Avast Home Edition. :amazed:

whats so bad about norton?

Anyway, I tried restoring the registry. No change. Now I have reinstalled firefox, problem persists
es.
Anyway I will run Avast because talldude says so. lol :D and see what comes up.

I even rolled back to firefox 1.8 and it did it. Ran avast and it came up with nothing. Now I undid all my windblinds stuff. and I will see if it still happens.???

Yes, i agree with talldude. Avast is much better. Did you try completely removing firefox...including the old version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom