problems with new C2D build....

Status
Not open for further replies.
try doing a fresh load on a new hard drive. (slick that one first if needed) reset the CMOS, leave it at default when you try to load the OS. also take out one stick of RAM to test that theory...

if you still get the error, it can't be drivers. it has to be something hardware related.

maybe the 650i boards are having the same problems as the 680i boards are having with HDD drivers and corrupt data???

It sounds like the same problem.

Hopefully asus will be quicker to fix it in a bios update then evga is on their 680i mobo.

KingAustin said:
I'm about 99% sure it's just your video drivers. The exact same thing happened to me for awhile on my Winfast 7900GT until nvidia released the 93.71 drivers.

Come to think of it...I had the same problems until I changed my videocard from a FX5200. Stupid reason for such a problem, I know, but it makes perfect sense! It was a good year and a half ago, but I remember having similar problems.

First try flashing your BIOS. Second, make sure you install only the Nvidia drivers you need. Don't install the IDE drivers or that stupid firewall thing. They cause problems. Then, try checking your RAM for errors. Last but not least, check your power supply and make sure you are getting the proper voltages.

The problem is I can't get past the part after it reformats the hard drive, during the windows installation. After it reformats the hard drive, it starts loading windows files, and somewhere around 50%....thats when the BSOD shows up with those different series of numbers. The series of numbers also change everytime. Right now I'm trying to put the ram in different slots and see what happens.

Also I think my BIOS is the latest already, because when I went to update it, I checked the version and it said revision 0202, and revision 0202 is the only one available at the website.

I could be totally wrong but i know sometimes when you try to re-install windows with a bad stick of ram it won't let you I'd say try swapping out your sticks to see if one of them are bad.

OK, I took out one of the sticks, and currently the other, is in the first slot. Now when I try to install windows its stuck at the part where it says "Setup is starting Windows", after it loads the drivers and stuff. And it looks like theres no activity going on in the opticals and hard drives. Like the leds are not flashing like they're suppose to during installation. I don't get it. It was working fine the very first time I installed windows. And then later on, after updating....problems start happening.

OK, I tried another hard drive. It's an IDE HDD set to master, and my sata HDD....I put on the sata2 port. Also both rams sticks are in colored slots. After it says "Setup is starting Windows", after loading drivers...I get the same BSOD with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....followed by the series of numbers, I mentioned earlier. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom