need advice with parts for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktob3r

Beta member
Hey all i'm new and trying to seek some good advice hey if i get good advice i may just stick around here I've been browsing around quite a bit and it looks nice... anyways i want to finally build myself a nice gaming rig i'm not holding back too much im thinking about getting a geforce 8800 lol... well i'll show you my wish list on new egg currently... i'm facing a debate though should i stick with the intel or go for the AMD coz it's going to mainly a gaming rig *droolz* over crysis lol but gonna be doing regular multi-tasking stuff as well.

here's the linkage

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...umber=5089687&WishListTitle=possible+computer

please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nice Dude. I however would go with some Kingston DDR2 800 RAM. I don't know about that DDR2 675... Love the video card lol, nice CPU, PSU got some good reviews but I don't know about that manufacturer. Just remember to pay extra and get a reliable one, If you trust them then go for it. I like ATX full tower cases, they let you have a lot more room for upgrades and air flow.

Nice job!

thnx what do you think about taking the amd route... i'm really thinking about it coz i can save a little money and put it into some better ram lol

amd is not bad but then again ive been intel all along the conroe is a great cpu and u wont be disappointed with it..specially with the 2.4 i got the 1.86 with 3gigs of ram and my system flys...so with the 4mb cache on the 2.4 it'll be nice, personally i'd stick with the conroe chip

^^lol^^
yeah but i have a coolmax 500watt and lemme tell ya it works just fine now.
it's on the nvidia website as a certified psu, so i wasn't too worried about it running my rig.
there are good and bad for everything.
okay october:
that 6600 will kick the crap out of any amd made if you overclock it just a wee bit.
amd make good chips, dont get me wrong...i love mine and am totally an amd fanboy.
the intel chips are just faster (sic. better, it hurts) now.
as far as saving money and buying better ram:
cpu is more important than ram.
but, if you are set on buying amd, lemme know and i can help you pick the parts.

I believe oktob3r's wishlist has changed since he's started the topic... ok right now I have the following suggestions:

- Downgrade the motherboard from 680i chipset to something like a P5B-E. Will save you $100 for equal performance.
- For a power supply this Hiper 580W should be great.
- I feel this Logitech X-230 would be a better speaker set.

Of course this change of setup would mean you wouldn't be able to run SLi, but then again, if you're getting an 8800GTX I advise you not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom