Ntune OCing any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneTone

Baseband Member
I was just wondering If I should OC with ntune because I've never overclocked before and I'm curious to see if Ntune is any good for OCing, There is Coarse Tuning and Fine tuning, which one should i use? anyone else thats gotten decent results with Ntune? Also, I ran Orthos and other tests and I'm getting around 54C for load and and 40C idle on stock cooling, are those temps going to be decent after overclocking? I'm aiming for around 2.6ghz to 3 if possible. Thanks.

How about using NTUNE to increase the MHZ by increments of 10? isnt that the same as going into the bios?

Just use CoolBits to unlock the Nvidia Control Panel. You can overclock from there.

Trotter said:
Just use CoolBits to unlock the Nvidia Control Panel. You can overclock from there.

agree. i never had too much luck with ati tool. coolbits works great for me, but if you use driver version 93.71 you will probably have problems unlocking it.

ToneTone said:
Also, I ran Orthos and other tests and I'm getting around 54C for load and and 40C idle on stock cooling, are those temps going to be decent after overclocking? I'm aiming for around 2.6ghz to 3 if possible. Thanks.

i don't know the voltage increase that reaching those speeds will require (amd user), but if it is much, i would suggest aftermarket cooling. actually i suggest aftermarket cooling if you are going to overclock at all.
the high load temp may cause you a problem...although once again, i don't know how hot c2d's run. i get uncomfortable if i get too far over 58ish. i don't think it will take much of a voltage increase for you to hit that temp or higher pretty quickly.

BIOS FTW. Also I was hoping someone would notice he was talking about the processor and not video card.

yeah heh, another question I have is... since 1:1 ratio is better wouldn't 400X6 be better than 266X9? both are 2.4ghz but 400X6 makes it 1:1 or am i wrong?

ToneTone said:
yeah heh, another question I have is... since 1:1 ratio is better wouldn't 400X6 be better than 266X9? both are 2.4ghz but 400X6 makes it 1:1 or am i wrong?

no, you are correct.
the 1:1 ratio is the ratio of your fsb:ram.
if your fsb is at 400, and you are using ddr2 800 (which actually runs at 400mhz) at it's stock speeds, you have 1:1 ratio.
i dont think it is as important to run 1:1 with c2d as it did with the old intel cpu's. but it always good to have it as close as possible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom