Artifacts In Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
I have a pretty weird problem...
Whenever i play a game, sometimes (depending on the game) i will start getting small artifacts, then it will get extremely bad and it will start skipping.

Ill put up some screen shots when i get the time.

I also wanted to add that Battle Field 2142 and CSS don't get artifacts as often. For some weird reason it usually takes a couple hours until it takes effect on those couple games.....

Ive used ramcheck and i found one of my sticks having 2 errors.. i took the stick out and i still have the same problem.

Ive also checked my motherboard settings and updated to the newest graphics card driver.

The weirdest part of this whole thing is that it doesn't effect 3dMark at all... i ran 10 times in a row and not one artifact appeared.

What is it? Its weird... I cant play any games. This sucks :(

Thanks,
Alexsabree :cool:

run rivatuner in the background, to monitor temps (use the monitor function of it). play untill you get artifacts, then quit the game, and see what the highet temperature is.

what is your GPU anyway?

WOW 100f is pretty dang hot, way too hot for normal. Artifacting is almost always caused by overheating in my experience. Unless your case if really hot in general your video card is the problem. If you're lucky your fan on it may be crapping out rather than the card itself. Does it appear to be spinning properly?

yeah... ive even turned the fans on high in rivatuner

The fans appear normal

The temperture spiked to 100c at one point but went back down to 80c

Its not good to run your card that hot. I ran my 6800gt at that temp and it fried within a week. Get an aftermarket cooler for it. Stock cooling on many of the 6800 series cards was just plain bad. Or....just get a new graphics card if you can afford it. 6800 series is starting to show its age.

Stock cooling on the 6800 series should not bring you to 90+ Depending on what batch you got, they usually run around 70-80 max. With a NV5, it will be a little less. Your 6800 is running very hot, i would be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom