Upgrading, gota Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Alrighty, Im back :p Ive been workin on a friends computer lately and finished his, its good i think but now I'd like to re-start what I was working on awile back, Ive decided to just do my best to upgrade the current computer I have atm which is...

comp: Compaq
Operating Sys: Microsoft Windows Xp Home
CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12x200) 3400+
Sys Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Vid. Card: Radeon X850 XT AGP 256mb
Moniter: ViewSonic VA172b
Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4

Now, Im looking to go Intel here, and use an Intel Conroe E6600 since I hear its the best for my $ range now (lol baught a car instead so kinda broke :p) anyhow, Ill need new memory I take it for the new Motherboard since AMD doesnt support the Duo Core Ill have to change that as well, today I went to a nearby computer store and was told $ would be 460$ (After tax) for the ConroeE6600, and a basic entry Motherboard was 119$ (before tax), then I'll need at least 1GB of new ram now, so my guess is this is gona cost approx 600$ CDN (I have roughly 700-800 to spend) any suggestions on which to go would be nice. (id like to go Duo Core since Ive been hearing great things about it) ty

The name is Core 2 Duo, they're Dual Core processors. Duo Core is just confusing, as Core Duo was Intel's old Core architecture exclusively for laptop processors. Confusing? Only if you make it. Stick to calling them Core 2 Duos, please.

Willing to buy online? You can get a much better deal online, probably. And I know there are a lot of good Canadian hardware websites.

Go to newegg.com please! E6600 for 309. No tax. What is your overall budget? With that we can probably get a list of componants together for you.

edit: just saw your budget.. And I'm not sure newegg ships to Canada so we might have to use another online store.

hehe srry, im not all to great w/ names tri, ill be sure to keep that in mind :D and i wont mind paying on online for the parts/shops.
btw does newegg do canada shipments now? last time i tried i wasnt able to. ty for replies

Intel C2D
in-Store: 460$ CDN
NCIX: 476$ CDN
-------------------
But ill get the Giga Ds3, as its around my Price range
(230.57$CAD after Tax/S&H)
-------------------
2Gig Ram= roughly 350 after rebate and taxes an S&H)

----
=over 1k

-edit- btw, how important is the motherboard for this sys? would a basic entry do? or should i stay w/ the Giga Ds3? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom