adobe reader 8 100% cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
When ever I open adobe reader 8 my cpu usage goes up to 100 and stays that way even after I exit from adobe reader. What is going on here? It is really slowing down the system.

It is a demanding program, that's for sure. I don't check my CPU usage while using Acrobat 8, but I know it's a big program.

Why not just use Acrobat 5? I recommend it, I'm just using 8 cause it looks nice.

its just the updater process that is using all the cpu is there any way to get it to stop because it keeps going after reader is closed

Yeah use the Task Manager and shut it down. Other than that you will have to check Readers setting and/or remove the updater with Add/Remove Applications.

Hence why i dont use Reader at all. I use Acrobat if necessary but i try to stay away from PDF files as much as possilbe. They are large and frankly uneccessary for me to accomplish my work.

hmmm..... i think I got it to stop by deleting these 2 files AdobeUpdater.dll
Updater.api

and it still runs fine but without the massive cpu load. I don't really have much of a choice what some content comes in so I end up with alot of pdf files. Arent reader and acrobat the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom