Temp Too High?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
um i just installed motherboard monitor and it read 73 C. now i may not know much but i think thats pretty high. i have 2 fans mounted in the back, 1 heat sink fan and another fan across from that and one more in the front. anyway to lower temp?

Did you overclock anything? If you didnt then that is definately not a good thing. Makesure your heatsink is mounted correctly and the fan is hooked up properly. Also makesure that you have put thermal gel or tape on the cpu.

Only thing i would think to do is look in your users manual for your mobo or get online at their web site if you don't have it and maybe it will tell you the default pw. One of these other guys might have a more solid answer for you.

yea that's bad news, need to reseat your heatsink and see if the temp changes, do that first, I never trusted MBM5, it was displaying my temps around 45C when my bios was reading 51C... i stick to my bios readings

all i know how to do is take off the fan part of the heatsink but i have no idea how to seperate the heatsink completely. my cooler is a CPU COOLER FORTRON SOURCE

there's a.. bracket, you just gotta stick like a screwdriver or something in the socket of the bracket, pull out and up, be very careful it doesn't slide off the bracket and damage the mother board...

ok im thinking of getting the thermaltake volcano 12. the site doesnt say if it comes with pad or thermal grease. also, i heard someone say that thermal grease can mess up amd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom