My next build, going AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CPU, like I said, does one thing, Its processes. When you buy an AMD your not getting a different color, you'r not getting a smoother ride, It doesn't look better, It doenst even have different options. The ONLY difference is the speed and the company. A CPU isnt something you'r going to need much customer support for and they rarely ever fail. You will most likely have no interaction with the company after your purchase so why would the company matter? Its just plain stupid, nothing else.

Forget it bro, "I prefer it" is just a lame excuse for fanboyism. Just leave him be, let him waste his money in peace.

TriEclipse said:
Forget it bro, "I prefer it" is just a lame excuse for fanboyism. Just leave him be, let him waste his money in peace.

True, but not everyone buys a new CPU because it performs better than anything the other company can offer, I myself am using a lowly Opty 144 that is considered junk when compared to C2D, but hey, it does what i want and i'm happy with it.

(just a side not) Triclipse, you're being a complete and total A** because hes not buying a C2D, its his money, hes not wasting it if the CPU performs up to his specs and does what he wants, just because HE doesnt have a C2D doesnt mean he is stupid or should be punished or something because you want him to get one and hes not going to

You walk in a store, you see two items that are the same in every way including price, except one is twice as strong as the other. you pick the weaker one. This person is not stupid?

Jumping_Bean514 said:
You walk in a store, you see two items that are the same in every way including price, except one is twice as strong as the other. you pick the weaker one. This person is not stupid?

I'm not saying hes stupid or anything but you do have a good point, i never really saw that in my mind. Sry Triclipse, my reasoning was a bit wrong, i was in a rather P**sed off state of mind when i typed that

COD2_fanatic said:
True, but not everyone buys a new CPU because it performs better than anything the other company can offer, I myself am using a lowly Opty 144 that is considered junk when compared to C2D, but hey, it does what i want and i'm happy with it.

Price is obviously a factor, but only when you're on a really constricted budget. When did you buy your Opty 144? If it was before July/August 2006, then that was a wise decision. And trust me, if that is the case, you DID buy it because it was better than what the competition was offering, for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom