My next build, going AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.
nagasama said:
that's pretty harsh, man.
you do promote fanboyism, only it's for intel. there's nothing wrong with being a fan of either company, so let's not be hypocritical.
first, the argument i make has been made before, it's his money and if he trusts amd, that's what he will get. so why not help crazeD with his build instead of coming down on him for not sharing your loyalty?
second, and i have said this many times as well...it is not a REQUIREMENT of being a member of these forums to post a reply to every topic. if the only advice offered is, "you suck", well... that's what's pathetic.
there is nothing pathetic about that build. there's nothing pathetic about my build. as far as gaming, the rig he (and i as well) have will run high settings and fast speeds as well as anyof the c2d's. now, if he was buying a rig to be top dog in benchmarks (lol so the f---- what?), or to do some hard-core rendering, it would be retarded to buy amd AT THE MOMENT. for the money, i think it is a pretty darn good rig. and it will play any game out. lol, my sig used to say, "my 95 fps looks the same as your 125." and it does.

I don't think he's showing fanboyism for intel, he's simply trying to suggest what is the better product right now. Advantages flip flop between companies all the time. Intel does have the better processor at the momment, but that doesn't mean that AMD isn't a great company, it was simply intels turn to swing. This is just like the NvidiavsATI debates, Nvidia has the best card out right now, but the r600 is right around the corner and will be very competetive. If people would get over fanboyism and just buy whats best then there wouldn't be a problem. A core2duo is pretty much the same price as a x2 4200, and it outperforms it in most cases. But hey, it's your money man, I would suggest a core2duo, but AMD isn't too shabby either.

TriEclipse said:
Celerons are cheaper. They work too. I just wouldn't buy one for obvious reasons.

1:14am for me.

And you realise that Celeron's can not do anything, they rarely boot up to Windows..

CrazeD said:
Well, hopefully I won't have any BIOS problems. Do you, by any chance, know what these alleged problems were, or maybe have a link or something?

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can order it today. :D

Congrats on buying AMD!
'Bout time.

spartan1121 said:
I don't think he's showing fanboyism for intel, he's simply trying to suggest what is the better product right now.

i agree with the rest of your post. but i dont get that trieclipse was suggesting anything, he was ridiculing crazeD's choice of equipment.
there's a difference between, "well, amd is currently being outperformed by the c2d"
and
"hey, you're such a fanboy idiot".
thats my point and my only point about the subject. everyone has their reasons for buying what they do, and it isn't always because they are stupid.
and there are several things that the x2 excels slightly better than the c2d, but that is rarely mentioned. and i'm not going to go into it now, because i have several times in the past. but look up the aandtech benchmarks that compare the overclocked e6300 to (i think) the x2 4600. you probably will be surprised.
thirty dollars difference in the price. not much to most of us, but people on a tight budget would be well off to examine the 4200. or save 30 more bucks, lol.

talldude123 said:
And you realise that Celeron's can not do anything, they rarely boot up to Windows..

They boot up Windows just fine, they just take the average human lifespan to do it. :p Patience, grasshopper!

nagasama said:
that's pretty harsh, man.
you do promote fanboyism, only it's for intel. there's nothing wrong with being a fan of either company, so let's not be hypocritical.
first, the argument i make has been made before, it's his money and if he trusts amd, that's what he will get. so why not help crazeD with his build instead of coming down on him for not sharing your loyalty?

I wasn't going to respond to the thread if I hadn't seen this, but alas, it is said again. I am again accused of fanboyism. :amazed:

Loyalty to Intel? I would've loved to have you call me an Intel fanboy to my face in mid-'05, when I was practically a walking banner for AMD, lol. Calm down man, I've been at this longer than you think. I know how the market works, you don't have to detail that for me.

I promote whichever performs the best, for the least price. As per my aforementioned creed. Right now, its Intel. In '05, it was AMD. Which is why I'm an official member of the International Association of Fanboys of Performance (IAFP).

Look, I understand that Intel currently has the fastest chip.

Back when AMD ruled the CPU world, people still bought Intel P4's and such..... so why should I pick anything other than what I like?

I'm a gamer. I don't need the top-of-the-line CPU for gaming. Any of the newer CPU's will run any game out to it's fullness.

Well, then stay out of it - especially if you're not even going to bother to try.

I'm using an Intel Celeron Coppermine 833Mhz processor right now and it works just fine. If you were on my computer doing anything but gaming you wouldn't even notice.

On a side not, its stupid to go with a CPU thats not as good for the same price. Regardless of if your whole family uses them or whatever. We buy CPUs for one reason, to process information. Its a CPU, not a car, it won't break down on you. don't be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom