RAM Information Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

B00mbocks

Baseband Member
I am looking for a freeware program that would just show me how much of my RAM i am using and how much free space i have ETC. All the ones i can find are soo i can manipulate what i am using my RAM for. Does AnyOne have this program? I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

this will help somewhat. download 'CPU-z'.

as far as manipulating what you use your ram for?.. you should just ctrl alt del to close programs you dont need running. you can also msconfig to permanemtly stop programs and services you dont need running for as long as you'd like it that way.

that sorta helped, i am looking for somtihng that will tell me like what percent of my RAM i am using or somthing like that, how do i know if i need more RAM?

crucial.com

tells you type of RAM and such. for hpw much you are using task manager>performance tab gives you that info.

to get to task manager:
press control+alt+delete, and click on task manager, OR
right-click the task bar (the bar where the start button is) and select task manager from there

the task maneger just tells me the cpu useage and page file usage history. is it down below where it says pyysical memory? it that is it is says
Total 392560
Available 57716
system Cache 106644

so does it mean my total RAM is like 392 kb of RAM? the site says i have 512 but then i herd like 128 or somtihng is dedicated to video?
And i only have like 57kb left?

Let me explain it to you.

You have a total of 392.56 MB of RAM.
You have 57.7 MB of RAM remaining.

The video chipset is using 120MB of memory.

You can increase the remaning RAM by closing down unnecessary applications in the background.

ok so i have the task maneger open on the processess tabs. I have 58 processess running and the only things open are 2 firefox windows and AIM6. so Do i have a abnormal amount of processess running? And how do i know which ones i can end? I do not want to end any important processess that should be running in the background.

B00mbocks said:
ok so i have the task maneger open on the processess tabs. I have 58 processess running and the only things open are 2 firefox windows and AIM6. so Do i have a abnormal amount of processess running?

Yes. I would say the maximum processes that should be running with your amount of RAM is 35.

And how do i know which ones i can end?

Paste a hijackthis log here so we know what is running. Google "HiJackThis" and download the program. Run it and paste the log.

I do not want to end any important processess that should be running in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom