Not open for further replies.

GreenMachine

In Runtime
I'de like to downgrade to Windows 3.1

The crowd wants to go 'faster'

That's fine with me. Why can't we slow up a little

I think 3.1 would bring me great happiness

Where can I get 3.1 ?!

I'm not quite sure if you can download Windows 3.1 off the NET. I'm not sure if it's legal or not.

Yep, you'll probably be able to find it on Ebay for next to nothing.

I have Windows 3.1 on my HDD. It is a whopping 14.1 MB in size.

But the only problem is that it doesnt supprt today CPU, Mobo, RAM, Amount of RAM, Video Cards, Sound Cards, Modems. Basically everything. Plus no, and i mean NO, drivers are available anymore. Even manufactorer sites have removed them from the archives.

Let alone the application fact. You might be able to run some OLD Win 95 games but nothing newer than that. Even most apps that run on 95 wont run on 3.1 anymore.

So if you are willing to run Windows 3.1 in VMWare, which might not even work as i have failed a few times trying, then by all means go ahead and isntall. But you will be back to XP before you can even finish installing.

Plus with 3.1 you have to manually setup your I/O ports for you Video card and Sound Card and set up the sound card. I hope you have all the info handy so you can.

talldude123 said:
I'm not quite sure if you can download Windows 3.1 off the NET. I'm not sure if it's legal or not.

Yep, you'll probably be able to find it on Ebay for next to nothing.
Windows 3.1 is abandonware. It is fully legal to download this from the web and to discuss. M$ doesnt support or even have any updates for this.

Run at your own risk.

Wow. Plan was to install it for a bit on this older computer here. Looks like it's going to be more difficult (annoying) than i thought. Thanks for the input.Win95 seems easier but thats not what i wanted to do. Thanks!

Windows 95 is like from 98 to XP. It's such a big difference from 3.1

If the computer is good enough, try 98 or 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom