Capturing Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
Is there any programs that allow you to capture video thats playing through internet sites. For example previews or short videos that sites dont let you download? Im not trying to steal movies and put them on to dvds or anything like that. Thanks for any help.

I believe you can download most videos that you can see on a web browser. There are even ways of capturing streming videos. I guess you need to tell us what kind of videos (as in file format) or the site you are talking about.

View the web pages source , find where it is getting the file from , paste it and download that way ;)

if using firefox download the unplug plugin and then u just click on the video you want to download and you get a list of the sources sorted into likelyhood of bein the video clip so basicly wat Tkey said but automated. I think it uses a website called keepvideo.com as a general interface so try that website if u dont use firefox

Matt

There used to be a stand alone app a few years back called Black Box and it allowed you to copy streaming video (and any thing else you came across.)-
Not sure if it's still around, but it did the job.

NathanLedet said:
videos from Google would be nice to hang on to...

saving .swf's.....anyone know how?

You mean .flv right? ;)

1. Go to video.google.com and find the video you like.
2. Copy the entire link from the address bar.
3. Go to keepvid.com
4. Paste your link and select Google as your source.
5. Download from the link provided.
6. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom