Graphics and CPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
I've read the post here regarding the speculated Geforce 8 entry-level cards. Im looking forward to a 8600GT or 8300GT card. Now, question:

1. What is the minimum required amps on the 12V rail for a video card (anything from low end up to high end)? I currently have 15A on 12v of a 550 PSU and Geforce 6200TC. Im planning to get either 7600GT or 8600GT. Will that run fine on my PSU?

2. Is 7600GT can play most of games from medium to high (exception to those very heavy demanding games of course)?

To answer your second question YES. It will run every game on high settings and FEAR on mostly high or high settings.

nicholasp7 said:
To answer your second question YES. It will run every game on high settings and FEAR on mostly high or high settings.

No, it will not run EVERY game on high settings. ;)

Thanks for the input guys.

Can 7600GT run CS Source smooth on medium? And BF2?

Wow, thats a nice news. But last question.

Is this comparison correct?

Geforce 7600GT > GST > GS?

Im planning to get GST since its in the middle of the two? And have little price difference on GS. Ive found GT prices here increased T_T.

Any feedbacks on 7600GST?

maroon1 said:
I have friend who have 7600GT and he play CS Source and BF2 on MAX settings.

hrmm... my ol 6800 gs paired with a opteron 146 @ 2.8, lagged just a tad bit at hdr levels with anisotropic all the way up to 16, it averaged maybe 35 fps at cs_militia...

other than that... it pwnd it, so i imagine the 7600 should do well

NosBoost300 said:
hrmm... my ol 6800 gs paired with a opteron 146 @ 2.8, lagged just a tad bit at hdr levels with anisotropic all the way up to 16, it averaged maybe 35 fps at cs_militia...

other than that... it pwnd it, so i imagine the 7600 should do well

7600GT is about 20% faster than 6800GS

He plays it on 1280x1024 4xAA, 8xAF and with HDR, and it runs without any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom