Best Graphic Card for under $100.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheen

Baseband Member
I bought a Nvidea Erazor 3 about a year ago because my puny integrated card stunk. The Erazor was a definite improvement except for the fact that it got real hot real fast, even when I wasn't using the graphics. I had actually taken the side panel off my computer and kept a fan directly on it.
I finally got fed up with that and removed the card. I know I could have just bought a second fan to install, but I really don't think it would have kept the card cool enough. Even with a large fan directly on it, the Erazor still got hot. I only paid $20.00 for it (white box) so I can't complain.
Could anybody tell me of a good card that doesn't get hot and works with 3D for under $100.00?
I found some cards at pricegrabber (that's where I found the Erazor) but I would like to know the card I get isn't going to require it's own air conditioner :rolleyes: . I'm looking for something 64 mb or more. Can anybody help me? Thanks

well.. u can get a ATI 9600SE. But if you pay 18-20 dollars more u can get a ATI 9600 pro. Thats what i have and its a very very good card for its money. When i got it, it was like 180 so it went down in price a lot. its 128MB or can get 256MB for alittle more money. So its a very good card for its money.

Thanks Monster00, I looked that one up on the internet. Sounds good.
Does anybody know about either of these Cards?

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Video Card

XFX GeForce FX 5200 Video Card

I found them at pricegrabber. They had some good reviews but
I'm really checking into them.
Now, I don't play online games. Mostly I play Dear Hunter Games 3,4, &5 and I work with a lot of graphic programs ....Photoshop and 3D canvas (free version).
I use 3D home and Landscape too. I can be on graphics for hours at a time - love graphics!!:D

On the safe side, I'll probably get an additional cooling fan.
I'm willing to buy white box as long as the Card is quality and supports 3d well.

well there are a lot of places where they compared the 9600 pro and the fx 5200. They said that the 9600 pro beat the 5200 in graphic wise.

Get the 9600 Pro if you can squeeze out the money. The 9600se is bullcrap and is no better than a Geforce 3 TI. It was release to rip off the stupid people, who thinks a recent video card that is cheap, is good.

I wouldnÂ’t buy a Geforce FX 5200. I would rather get an ATI their much better cards. If youÂ’re going to get one of the ATI 9600 series of cards I wouldnÂ’t buy the 9600se the 9600Â’s much better or even better yet the 9600pro or the 9600xt.

By the way just wondering what type of NVIDIA card did you have problems with. A Geforce 4 or 3?

well i know you weren't talking to me but i had a geforce 4 ti 4200 i think it was and i hated it. I sold it to this kid and he gave me 200 dollars flat for it. I have no idea why he just did..

DEFINETEY go with the 9600 PRO.

You will see an UNBELIEVABLE improvement in gameplay and graphics.

Guaranteed!

-Chubz

Monster00 said:
well i know you weren't talking to me but i had a geforce 4 ti 4200 i think it was and i hated it. I sold it to this kid and he gave me 200 dollars flat for it. I have no idea why he just did..

What you did was a good thing.... for youself.:) If you want something better than the TI4200, get the 9600xt with tat $200, or yet get the 5900xt for $220 (yes, the 5900xt is probably the best card you can get from nVidia for it's price/performance:))... or even better, get the 9800 Pro for $250 ($180, the least you can get online.).

NOTE: Getting the FX 5200 (nu or Ultra) or a 9600se will not justify your needs for upgrading from a TI4200. On tom's hardware site, the TI4200 rapes both the 5200 and the 9600se with even higher fps. Yet the TI4200 cost $20 less (regardless of it being incompatible with DX9, all though it owns in Farcry and HALO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom