power supply fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
the fan on my power suply often doesnt run... All of the other case fans work, and everything in the case feels and seems to be cool. Does the psu fan only turn on when necessary... or is mine broken?

It is an Antec SmartPower 450w

I think the Antic smart power is susposed to run like this. You can Google Antic SmartPower 450 Review and that will give you some info.

Does it have two fans?

My Antec Smartpower 500w has 2 fans (one intake, one exhaust). The intake one runs all the time, and the exhaust one only comes on if it gets too hot. So far, it's never come on (at least that I've noticed).

I don't want to hijack this thread, however seeing as my problem pertains to a similar problem I figure it would be redundant to start a new thread.

Anyway on an HP Pavilion media centre TV PC the main fan in the PSU has crapped out on me. All the other fans are running fine. My concern is what damage might be done if I used the computer for a day or two without the PSU fan working?

I have left the side panel off to allow air to get in. My apartment is usually kept quiet cool, and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary performance wise. The computer is brand new, so I plan to get the problem fixed or just get a better PSU seeing as the problem surfaced when trying to install a video card that I just was just too much for this PSU to handle.

Anyway, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom