Help choose Hardware for High-End PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermaltake is a good brand isn't it? well anyway its also got the 4 12V rails, and the 8800GTX uses 2 i think, so SLi will need 4.

I'll look around and see what i need, how hard is water cooling to be installed?

Private_Shon said:
thermaltake is a good brand isn't it? well anyway its also got the 4 12V rails, and the 8800GTX uses 2 i think, so SLi will need 4.

I'll look around and see what i need, how hard is water cooling to be installed?

You amuse me. The 8800GTX uses 2 PCI-E connectors, not two +12v rails.

Private_Shon said:
www.umart.net oh and even with SLi 8800s i won't need 850W?

Oh and i do lots of stuff at the same time, so i might as well get a crazy amount of ram, vista allows it too.

probably going with the golden orb II. looks good.

READ THE STICKY THAT I LINKED. Don't post until you do.

And the Zalman 9500/9700 is better than the Golden Orb II.

mmm sounds good. now about the dual PCI-es for each 8800GTX, i think my motherboard only has 2 one for each graphics card...

I said PCI-E connectors, which are cables that come with your PSU, not PCI-E slots, which are on your motherboard.

why are you not going with the 680i mobo? Just a side note i would personally get a g11 keyboard but thats just me. Oh yea and the new tuniq tower 120 looks like an awesome cpu cooler.

ohhhh... does the one you recommend it have it? the umart site has no data for the PSU.

[EDIT] That is a 680i mobo

Yes, I know, that's a bad website anyway.

Yes, ofcourse the PSU has them. And if it doesn't (it does), then each 8800GTX comes with two connectors that take two molex connectors and convert them to one PCI-E connector (so you would need 4 free Molex for 2 PCI-E). But don't worry about that, the PSU comes with 2 PCI-E connectors, you won't have to worry about the adapters until you decide to go SLI.

nerdygeek said:
why are you not going with the 680i mobo? Just a side note i would personally get a g11 keyboard but thats just me. Oh yea and the new tuniq tower 120 looks like an awesome cpu cooler.

Because the 680i motherboards are not worth the money. Infact, they're a waste of money.

Private, change the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom