weird mouse lag in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hi guys ive been experiencing weird mouse lag lately in games like CS, quake 3 and the such. My mouse is just not as responsive as before, and sometimes the game can't even detect my precise movements and it delays for a sec or two. This is getting very frustrating as the CAL season is coming up for my clan and if I can't aim well I'm gonna be cooked.

I have tried changing the mouse sense, no luck, tried downloading mouse firmware drivers, no luck, graphic drivers, no luck. the mouse lag is not visible by naked eye during normal tasking in windows but it is visible in games...its like you move the mouse 1 inch...then the game pauses for 1 second. then the crosshair in the game moves 1 inch....

Also i've noticed framerate slowdowns while im having the mouse lag...sometimes frame skipping/choking too.

What is your opinion? Hardware failure? Spyware infection?

is this a ball-point mouse ?
if so get a laser mouse or take out the ball and clean the wheels that touch the ball

No it's an optical. also, it seems to lag less in singleplayer mode, in multiplayer mode the mouse barely even moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom