How do I get rid of "Low disk space warning?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
subdivizion said:
free some space

Well that's about the most straight-forward posting i've read in a while - LOL....

You could delete any old files you no longer need, but beyond that, your options are to either buy another HDD or back up your existing data onto a removable media like CD-R, tape drives, jazz drives, etc.

If you are interested, I have a brand new 80 GB Maxtor itnernal hard drive that i've got sitting in my closet. PM me if you are interested in buying one. I was actually saving it just in case someone wanted me to build a new system for them.

There is actually a disk compression tool in Windows but these days considering the prices of new HDDs, I would not risk my data by using that option. New CD burners/ Hard drives have come down in price quite a bit.

No thanks lonewolf and subdivision. It's for a partition and it can stay at 0 megs free space.

Customiser Xp must edit something in the registry or turn something off in windows, what is it that warns me about low disk space. I'm sure I can do it manually, just don't know what. Anyone know that?

try adjusting your virtual mempry for that drive to 0mb, also disable system recovery you can get additional space that way

Here's the registry setting you're looking for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Create a REG_DWORD value named NoLowDiskSpaceChecks and set it to 1.

You may need to log out or restart for the change to take place.

what is virtual memory i saw that yesterday on xp home at my friends house?? i think he stuffed around with it or something and something happen so can some 1 me what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom